36-point SEO checklist for you to get your blog optimized
Are you confused about how to get your content fully optimized? No need to worry. Use this 36-point detailed checklist to achieve your marketing goals and get your content ranked higher on Google.
1. Make a title/headline
Based on the idea of what the blog post will be based on, create a catchy and unique headline which relates to the topic and stands out.
2. Look out for the audience
Research well on the audience and know the kind of content they want. This way you can have a direction in which to write in.
3. Identify what your purpose is
Create a marketing plan before heading ahead for your content. To be able to create an optimized blog, work well on creating a detailed blog marketing plan.
4. Allot primary keywords
Use a keyword which is related to your content. You can do this through Keyword Difficulty Tool which will automatically identify the best keywords for your blog.
5. Make sure you instil the primary keyword in the headline
The keyword should definitely be present in the headline for it to be visible on the search of the related content.
6. Allot certain secondary keywords
Apart from major primary keywords, assign secondary ones to your content to create strongly optimized content.
7. Try to write more than 300 words
For search engines to be able to recognize, try to write the content with more than 300 words so that it can earn a reputable image.
8. Create a value for your content
Keep your content as detailed as possible. Try to inculcate facts, stats and related information in it to create a value if it in front of the reader.
9. Act more than speaking about it
Keep your audiences engaged rather than verbally speaking about. Use ways to portray your message to the audience clearly.
10. Write the blog in the active voice
To create interesting content, it is preferred to write it in the active voice rather than passive voice.
11. Keep your writing easy to understand
Make sure you don’t use overly complex sentences. The content should be easy to understand by everyone.
12. No plagiarizing
Keep your content unique and original. Don’t take anyone else’s content without giving the credits. Plagiarizing the content often leads up to penalties.
13. Use References
Just in case you are using information from an external resource, make sure you cite it.
14. Include subheadings in the content
This splits up your content and makes it look more structured. It also makes it easier to understand.
15. Include the primary keyword in at least minimum one subheading
This connects it to the related keyword search and improves visibility.
16. Divide large paragraphs into smaller ones
Don’t make huge paragraphs. Keep them to the point and smaller so that they can easily be skimmed.
17. Keep the important information visible
Use features like bold, italicize, underline and highlight to keep the important information highlighted
18. Include the relevant graphics
To keep the content relevant, engaging and interesting, you should add images, videos and other graphics into it.
19. Make sure you use the right size of images
Certain sites do not load images with a large load. Make sure you avoid using these photos
20. Use the primary keyword in the image alt tag
By using, the overall blog SEO gets improved.
21. Include the primary key in the file name and title of the image being used
Make sure you add the primary keyword in the original file name and the title of the CMS
22. Save yourself from copyright issues!
Before using any graphic content, make sure you have the rights to do so. Avoid troubles with copyright at all costs.
23. Include the primary keyword in the title of the page
Create a unique title for your page. Make sure it is not used already or else it can affect the SEO of your site.
24. Add primary keyword in the meta description
Meta descriptions are useful when it comes to bringing traffic to the site. They contain no more than 350 characters. You must use the relevant keywords in the meta description for larger visibility.
25. Make sure the first paragraph includes the primary keyword
For the searchers to find your site, another trick used is to add the primary keyword in the first paragraph.
26. Make sure the last paragraph includes the primary keyword
Remember to add the primary keyword at the end of the post with the references.
27. Keep it natural!
The keywords should be subtly used; they shouldn’t be stuffed. They should only be 2% of your content.
28. Secondary keyword to be used at least once in the content
The purpose of secondary keyword should be to support the primary keywords.
29. Include the link of the related pages
Create hyperlinks by cross-referencing while giving credit to the resources cited.
30. Create links which link to other pages
By linking your page to other better webpages, and giving credit to them, you can establish a relevant image in front of the audience.
31. Create outbound links
These links open to a new page and take the reader to a new website even.
32. Keep the ending of your blog interesting
Make sure the reader yearns for more after the ending. Try using a cliff hanger or a call to action to keep the reader engaged.
33. Create options for your headline
While writing the title, write a couple of them and choose the best of the lot. Don’t forget to add primary keywords into it.
34. Encourage people to share your content
Optimize your content by creating a sharing base for it through Click to Tweet and other sharing options.
35. Make a final edit on the copy
Watch out for spelling errors and grammatical mistakes. Check minor details.
36. Look for on-page SEO
Use On-page SEO Checker to make sure you don’t miss any optimization steps!